Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free 3 Tips On How To Avoid Drain Blockage
Having A Blocked Drain System Is Not Something You Can Predict. This can possibly lead to hazardous situations such as flooding, air pollution and leakage because of stagnant water that collects in the drain. Maintenance can be used to avoid situations such as these.
When debris, small objects, grease, and intrusive tree roots pile up in a drainage system, it will clog. Blockage of drains can occur in the main lines of your drains or in your home.
Why Let Your Drainage System Get Clogged Up When With These Fifteen Maintenance Tips, You Can Prevent It?
1. A plunger can be one of the simplest and most effective tools.
2. Every week (perhaps once or twice), lift your sink or bath stoppers and remove any trapped debris. Also, remember to wash the stopper before placing it back in the drain.
3. If Hair Loss Is Something You Are Going Through, Make Sure That The Plug Has No Mesh When You Wash Your Hair In The Sink Or Tub. The same way you wouldn't put larger pieces of food in the sink, you should keep the same mentality when it comes to hair in the shower.
4. If you remove loose hairs before taking a bath then there will be less chance of a build - up in the drains.
5. Fi grates over your drain holes, or hire a plumber to do so. When Cleaning Your Drains, Use A Bacteriological Drain Cleaner - One That Isn't Corrosive.
6. Prevent root intrusion in your drainage system by planting trees and flowers away from your pipework.
7. If you get a yearly contract with a drainage company, then you will benefit from inspections and servicing of your drains, even if you don't need to call on them. Our Drainage Oxfordshire company in Oxfordshire can provide you with comprehensive maintenance. Educate family members and friends about the maintenance of your home's drains.
8. Keep your pipes strong by staying away from chemical cleaners Over time, cleaners that contain chemicals will corrode your pipes.
9. Do Not Throw Rubbish In Your Drains. Put your trash in the dustbin, and not down your drain.
10. Try to avoid the introduction of oil, fat, meat, rice, hair, gum, grease, medications, condoms, cosmetics and similar item's into your drain.
11. The only things allowed to go down the drain are; for your sink - water, and your toilet - water, urine and faeces.
12. Take A Wire Coat Hanger Straighten It And Bend One End To Make A Hook, Then Insert It Into The Drain To Get The Junk Out.
13. Prevent grease from accumulating into your drain by pouring salty, hot water through your sink.
14. Along with these tips, are less traditional ones. But, just ensure you avoid acidic But, you must never use chemicals.
While these preventative measures can be done on your own, don't go overboard with excess pressure that might cause damage. Instead of getting frustrated, contact a plumber as soon as possible. If you happen to be in Oxfordshire then your best option will probably be Drainage Oxfordshire technicians.